Tuesday 3 November 2009

Digital Broadcasting Production Diary: Part Two

We switched roles for the final week with South Coast News, allowing all of our group members to have a chance at presenting. This proved problematic, as we struggled throughout the day to adjust to our new responsibilities.

Sam and Katherine recorded interviews for the surf reef, which was under hot debate for the amount of time and money it needed for construction. Our NCTJ training in Public Affairs was useful in the explanation of the Lloyds/ RBS story, offering a context of economics which we would have otherwise had difficulties explaining.

As producer I kept a close eye on our up sound, ordering clips appropriately on Burli and ENPS. Confident that the technical side of the bulletin was ready, I made myself useful through additional reporting. Unfortunately, when I was writing for the child cruelty court report I was legally unsafe in a section of my copy. To improve, I should have been much more vigilant over my NCTJ Law theory and analysed the press release more carefully.

No comments: