Friday 13 November 2009

Digital Broadcasting Production Diary: Part Three

Creating a radio feature offers a vast amount of creative freedom. I wanted to choose a subject matter that was personal to me and lent itself to interesting interviews and atmosphere. The MCM Expo is a prestigious anime event that gave me an opportunity to talk to key industry figures. Although otaku culture spreads across all age groups, it's primarily teenagers that attend the convention and this was appropriate for a Radio One Newsbeat audience.

The opening explains the hub of activity inside the event and the mood of visitors. I was pleased with the range of attendees I was able to question, although to improve on my audio I would have interviewed them in quieter locations. Background noise wasn't an issue in the final mix down, but I would have preferred to have the ambience as a separate file to the quotes. This way I could have controlled how loud or dominating it was in my package.

Initially, adding a Japanese song into the background of my feature felt like a suitable addition. I hoped that it would add personality to the piece, but was ultimately drowned out by the other elements in my package. The information on cosplaying and the inclusion of an authoritative figure from Neo Magazine were many of my package’s strengths. Produced to time, I was pleased with my links and the imagery it created.

1 comment:

Nick's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.